Steel production capacity in South East Asia by country (Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) and by equipment
- In Indonesia, Gunung Steel confirmed that it would start its 1.5 Mt/year blast furnace to produce slab, this year. Gunung Steel already producing slab, but still imports reasonable volumes. Once the furnace is fully operational, imports will reduce substantially and the steelmaker is likely to sell its surplus production.
- In the Philippines, China’s HBIS Group signed a memorandum of understanding to build an 8 Mt/year steel mill. The project will be the country’s major integrated steel complex and will cost USD 4.4 billion, which is the biggest Chinese industrial investment in the Philippines ever. The first stage, which is due to take three years to be in operation, will produce 4.5 Mt/year of HRC and 600 Kt/year of slab. This the part of China Belt and Road initiative.
- For the 2016-2017 fiscal year, Vietnam’s Formosa Ha Tinh Steel had planned to add an extra 5.3 Mt of slab and 5.2 Mt of HRC. However, due to the delay in the first stage and the extra amount which it had, and will still have, to spend to comply with environmental violations, we do not expect that the second stage will go ahead before 2020. The third stage is even less likely to take place.
- Indonesia steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Malaysia steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Myanmar steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Philippines steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Singapore steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Thailand steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Vietnam steel production capacity by plant and equipment
Capacity by countries, by plants and by equipment
South East Asian ironmaking and steelmaking capacity
- Blast furnace
- Total liquid Steel
South East Asian semi-finished (crude steel) steel production capacity
- Total semi-finished steel
South East Asian long steel production capacity
- Wire rod
- Merchant bar
- Total long products
South East Asian flats steel production capacity
- Hot-rolled Coil
- Cold-rolled Coil
- Total flat products
South East Asian coated steel production capacity
- Electro galvanised/Hot-dip galvanised
- Colour Coating
- Total coated products
Why should you consult this product?
- Full coverage of South East Asian steelmaking capacity by plant and by equipment types
- Covering 210 plants
- Detailed capacity segmentation by around 20 equipment by plant
- Information about the future planned capacity
- All data is available in excel and ready for customised analysis
Who should buy this product?
- Steel producers
- Steel service centre, distributors and traders
- Suppliers of raw materials such as iron ore, metallurgical coal, scrap and, ferroalloys
- End users of flat steel such as automotive, construction and packaging
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Financial institutions
- Government bodies
Why our analyses are robust and authoritative?
- We constantly consult key stakeholders in the industry and incorporate their views into our analysis.
- We are completely independent and represent our own views.
|Publication date||June 2018|
|Report format||Excel Dashboard|
|Single user licence||£1,095 (1 user)|
|Departmental licence||£1,895 (2-5 users)|
|Global licence||£2,595 (6 and over users)|
For sample pages or to learn more about this report please contact us with your details at: