Steel Market Update: Steel Prices and Steel Market Development
The global steel market has recently become highly uncertain and driven by a multitude of the market and non-market drivers. It is now increasingly becoming difficult for steel businesses to fully assess and correctly anticipate the market direction. Steel prices on the seesaw for some time and after a long slide it is bottoming out. Iron ore prices have also now out of steam while for scrap prices it is now time to shift gear.
The US has become a key influencer for the global steel market. Section 232 and the retaliation from the key trading blocs have far-reaching implications for the steel and its end users. With the US election is even a half term way, the presidential election campaign has already started influencing the steel market such as the latest executive order strengthening “Buy American”. Unlike the last election, this time, Mr Trump has the power to turn some of his pledges straight into actions.
Chinese steel production increased by almost 10% in the first half of 2019, owing to stable domestic market fundamentals. According to NBS, Chinese crude steel production reached around 492 million in the first six months of 2019 while its finished steel production reached almost 587 million tonnes during the same period.
Steel Product Coverage
- Flat Steel
- Long Steel
Steel Market Coverage
The Global Steel Market Update explores the following key aspects of the steel industry:
- A round-up of key developments in the steel industry, including pricing, margins, trade issues, end-users, capacity closures, expansions, M&A and competitive landscape
- Key market development by product
- Price assessment and forecasts of long and flat steel prices in key markets
- Major non-market and geopolitical factors influencing the steel market
- The future direction of the steel market and key events
Who should subscribe to Global Steel Market Update?
- Steel producers
- Steel service centre, distributors and traders
- Suppliers of raw materials such as iron ore, metallurgical coal, scrap and, ferroalloys
- End-users of steel such as automotive, construction, engineering, machinery and packaging
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Financial institutions
- Government bodies
|Report format||PDF with supportive data in Excel|
For a free trial please contact us or Call us: +44 (0) 208 123 7812
About Commodity Inside Steel Capabilities:
Commodity Inside has a vast experience in the steel market and has a number of off the shelf reports on the steel industry. In addition to market reports, we provide consulting and bespoke studies across the full steel supply chain. Our initial scoping assessment is free of costs. So why not explore this excellent opportunity now by visiting our steel industry consulting section.
Would you want to explore this topic or any other research areas further, please contact us for FREE Consultations at Research@commodityinside.com