Seamless Steel Pipe and Tube Market Outlook and Size Report by Type of Energy, by Applications, by Capacity, and by demand (2018-2028)
Oil and gas industry is one of the largest consumers of seamless tube and pipes. However, the demand for pipes remained comparatively low over the past few years due to subdued oil prices. Recently, with the pullout of the US from the Iran nuclear deal sent oil prices to a four-year high reaching $80/barrel. Indeed there would be significant implications on the global energy and pipes (OCTG and line pipes) industries if Iranian sanctions are restored. The Iran factor is not just the only element impacting the supply, part of this includes OPEC production cuts and political and economic crises in Venezuela. On the other side of the equation, demand exhibits some revival. The global economy is performing better than expected with tax cuts in the US and the reluctance of BOJ and ECB to tighten policy indicate that there is no immediate threat to the global economy.
With the oil prices rises, the output will also be boosted resulting surge in drillings. We also expect that there would be some supply additions in the global tubes and pipes industry. The US market is expected to see some further capacity additions going forward.
Asia is the key seamless pipe and tube market due to its rapid industrialisation and infrastructural developments. China leads the seamless market as one of the largest producers, though its capacity cuts and antidumping duties on its seamless steel pipes products, production is expected to suffer here. Commodity Inside expects these initiatives will help improving market fundamentals in the short term.
We also anticipate some changes in the end users markets share going forward, particularly in the power generation due to shift from conventional energy generations toward renewable. Wind and solar energy will see more penetration in the long term. This will put pressure on pressure pipes.
In the OCTG sector, the complexity and depth of wells have remained a key trend. More complex drilling is now being used, such as drilling at a 45-degree angle. Horizontal sections are also getting longer which are creating issues of pulling, compression and weight. We also expect that alternative materials are now on the rise such as aluminium and alloy. Commodity Inside also understand that carbon fibre composites are also making its way into the energy sector, due to its ideal attributes such as high-temperature capability, corrosion resistant particularly to seawater, and lightweight, long continuous length and high-pressure capability.
Why this report is unique, and a must-read for the seamless steel pipe and tube market?
A Strategic Outlook for the Global Seamless Steel Pipe and Tube Market to 2028 is a content-rich report covers the following key aspects:
- How demand and supply of seamless pipe and tube would perform over the next ten years?
- Do we have enough production capacity of seamless pipe and tube currently and for the future?
- How will seamless pipe and tube prices perform?
- How will the power market provide potential growth opportunities for seamless pipe and tube?
- How will the seamless pipe and tube significantly increase demand for various types and grades?
- What will be the major trends and developments in the seamless pipe and tube market and how they will impact the industry?
- How will the seamless pipe and tube market perform over the next ten years?
- What will be the main threats and opportunities in the industry?
- What will be the major drivers behind the increase in seamless pipe and tube demand globally and how various end-use sectors will impact the market?
- The current and future demand dynamics of seamless pipe and tube in different regions
- Seamless pipe and tube import and exports
- Detailed discussions on market strategies and competitive landscapes
Why should you read this report?
- Demand, production, capacity and trade seamless pipe and tube by leading markets
- Historical and forecast of seamless pipe and tube prices
- Seamless pipe and tube demand by major end-use sectors such as OCTG, line pipes, mechanical engineering, pressure pipe, and others
- Discussion on emerging trends such as shale gas, substitutes materials, renewable energy etc
- Seamless pipe and tube production capacity by producer
- Detailed tables, figures and charts
- This is a content-rich report with all supportive data is provided in Excel
Who should buy this report?
- Seamless steel tubes and pipes producers
- Steel pipe producers
- Steel billet producers
- Steel pipes end users
- Steel pipes distributor, traders and service centres
- Government bodies
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Industry consultants, researchers and analysts
Robust and authoritative
A Strategic Outlook for the Global Seamless Steel Pipe and Tube Market to 2028 contains valuable resource necessary for examining the seamless pipe and tube market. We have used both top-to-bottom and bottom-to-top methods to assess the market.
For any queries contact email@example.com or +44 (0) 208 123 7812