Welded steel pipe and welded steel tube market size, outlook and analysis, by applications, by production capacity, by grade and types, by trade statistics, 2018- 2022
The welded pipe market has been going through a challenging time. Demand has been recovering at a slow pace in major markets. There is also some uncertainty around the energy sector which is one of the largest consumers of welded pipes. Oil prices have started picking up and will further increase as more severe US sanctions on Iran come into force by 5th November 2018.
Trade investigations have now been a new norm where suppliers are complaining about unfair competition created in their home markets due to imports. The US, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the EU have already taken measure to cope with the growing threat of imported materials. The recent wave of import duties has been started by the US after triggering section 232. Consequently, the import prices of welded pipes increased substantially. In the US, prices of domestically produced pipes also increased due to high input costs as prices of imported substrates (slab and plate) jumped due to 25% import duties.
Besides changes in prices, domestic supply in the US is expected to resume. For instance, Tenaris is expected to partially resume production at its electric-resistance-welded mill at Conroe which was idled in February 2015.
Meanwhile, Germany Salzgitter Mannesmann launches online bidding platform in May 2018, allowing customers to buy welded pipes in open biddings. The e-auction platform is currently available for German customers with three days of delivery time. The company claims it is the first steel trading company which sells its products in an open online bidding process.
Why this report is unique, and a must-read for the welded steel pipe and tube market?
A Strategic Outlook for the Global Welded Pipe and Tube Market to 2028 is a valuable resource necessary for examining the global welded tube and pipe market. This content-rich report answer the following key questions:
- How demand and supply of welded pipe and tube would perform over the next ten years?
- What is the current status of production capacity of welded pipe and tube and what are major planned capacity projects?
- How will welded pipe and tube prices perform over the next decade?
- What will be the demand structure of welded pipe and tube by various types and grades?
- What will be the major trends and developments in the welded pipe and tube market and how they will impact the industry?
- How will the welded pipe and tube market perform over the next ten years?
- What will be the main threats and opportunities in the industry?
- What will be the major drivers behind the increase in welded pipe and tube demand globally and how various end-use sectors will impact the market?
Why should you read this report?
- Demand, production, capacity and trade steel welded pipe and tube by leading markets
- Historical and forecast of welded pipe and tube prices
- Welded pipe and tube demand by major end-use sectors such as construction and infrastructure, line pipes, automotive, engineering, furniture and others
- Welded pipe and tube production capacity by producer
- The current and future demand dynamics of welded pipe and tube in different regions
- Welded pipe and tube import and exports
- Detailed discussions on market strategies and competitive landscapes
- Detailed tables, figures and charts
- This is a content-rich report with all supportive data is provided in Excel
Who should buy this report?
- Welded steel tubes and pipes producers
- Steel pipe producers
- Steel plate producers
- Steel pipes end users
- Steel pipes distributor, traders and service centres
- Government bodies
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Industry consultants, researchers and analysts
A Strategic Outlook for the Global Welded Pipe and Tube Market to 2028 contains valuable resource necessary for examining the tube and pipe industry. We have more explanation about estimating the market size and market forecast on our methodology page.
Why our analyses are robust and authoritative?
For sample pages or to learn more about this report please contact us with your details at: