African Cement Market Size and Outlook Report by Applications, by Plant Capacity, by Production, by Trade and by demand (2019-2029)
The African cement industry is expected to register a staggering demand growth. We anticipate that GDP and per capita income would continue to grow, which will boost investment in the construction industry. The regional cement industry will face various threats, including rising labour costs (due to a shortage of skilled labour in the region) and raw material prices.
Some African countries heavily depend on revenue from oil and hard commodities. With the subdued commodities prices, these markets would suffer. Meanwhile, various governments will continue trying to attract foreign investment in infrastructure development projects.
There is still a vast number of construction projects in the pipeline, including housing, railway, roads, metro system, ports, water & energy projects, etc. OBOR (One Belt One Road) and other foreign-funded projects are expected to keep demand for cement growing.
One of the significant changes observed recently is the increase in regional cement production capacity. Going forward, this trend will get more traction, and we expect more capacity additions in the coming years in the region. Consequently, on one side it will reduce reliance on imports, and on the other hand, it will underpin local demand due to falling production costs.
Scope and Coverage
The Cement Market in Africa 2019-2029 explores current key developments and the future direction of the African cement industry covering the following key aspects:
- Cement production in Africa by country
- Cement production capacity in Africa by country
- Cement production capacity utilisation in Africa by country
- Update on new cement capacity addition by country
- Cement capacity by plant
- Cement demand in Africa by country
- Per capita consumption in Africa by country
- Cement consumption by end users in Africa by country
- Cement imports and exports in Africa by country
- Construction spending in Africa by country
- Macroeconomics indicators in Africa by country
- ROTS Analysis (Risks, Opportunities, Trends and Strategies) of the African cement market
- Demand in value
- Demand in volume
- Demand by end users
- Net exports
- Construction spending
- Macroeconomic forecasts
- Congo (DRC)
- South Africa
- Rest of Africa