North American Cement Market Size and Outlook Report by Applications, by Plant Capacity, by Production, by Trade and by demand (2019-2029)
The US is the key player in the North American cement market. Demand for cement in the US is on the rise. However, a major portion of increased sales in the US is being fulfilled through imports. The country needs to expand its domestic production facilities to take advantage of future demand growth.
In the US, the construction sector contributes to more than 4% of GDP. Demand for cement and concrete is increasing in both residential and commercial sectors. However, the residential construction sector is growing faster than in the commercial sector.
Like other developed markets, the high rise building construction here is also usually less cement and concrete intensive. Steel and architectural glass are predominantly used for exteriors and facades. High rise buildings in major cities are going deep down to make parking and warehouses for the buildings. This requires concrete and cement for structures and foundations. Therefore, cement demand will continue to be boosted by these underground developments.
The US and Canadian construction industry is also moving towards prefabricated construction. Some cement and concrete manufacturers are also making use of robots for prefabricated construction. Moreover, since the US is facing a shortage of labour in the construction industry, so we anticipate that in the future, more robots and advanced technology such as 3D printing will be introduced in the construction industry. This will not only reduce the time but also trim the cost of construction projects.
Scope and Coverage
The Cement Market in North America 2019-2029 explores current key developments and the future direction of the Middle East cement industry covering the following key aspects:
- Cement production in North America by country
- Cement production capacity in North America by country
- Cement production capacity utilisation in North America by country
- Update on new cement capacity addition by country
- Cement capacity by plant
- Cement demand in North America by country
- Per Capita consumption in North America by country
- Cement consumption by end users in North America by country
- Cement imports and exports in North America by country
- Construction spending in North America by country
- Macroeconomics indicators in North America by country
- ROTS Analysis (Risks, Opportunities, Trends and Strategies) of the North American cement market
- Demand in value
- Demand in volume
- Demand by end users
- Net exports
- Construction spending
- Macroeconomic forecasts