The automotive sector will see significant changes over the next ten years where connectivity will be one of the pivotal attributes changing the face of the sector. With the rise in connected cars, the level of automation will also grow in tandem. Connectivity will become a norm and provide renewed growth to the automotive sector, though at the same time it will make vehicles vulnerable to cyber attacks.
Vehicles are increasingly becoming vulnerable to hacking as they are interacting with others vehicles and devices. Consequently, this has opened new venues for cyber security companies, and they are penetrating quite rapidly in the automotive market. Hacking a vehicle can stake human lives as well as brand reputations. One of the prominent examples was Fiat Chrysler when it recalled 1.4 million vehicles in 2015 after its Jeep was hacked remotely through the entertainment system.
The global automotive cyber security market is expected to see robust growth over the next ten years. Some of the major drivers behind the growth will be stringent security and safety regulations, increased demand for connectivity and development of autonomous vehicles. Meanwhile, growth is likely to shift from the US to China.
Commodity Inside understands that demand for automotive cyber security is at its nascent stage and has enormous growth potential. The automotive cyber security technology will enhance existing security features and help developing new secure solutions. Automakers are planning to introduce fully autonomous vehicles by 2021, which will take the demand for automotive cyber security to the zenith. We expect high M&A activity and emergence of new cyber security companies in the market.
In the meantime, the expected high growth and rising adoption of autonomous vehicle technologies have also opened new opportunities for high-tech companies. Intel has recently acquired Mobileye, an automotive advanced driver assistance and collision avoidance technology company. Both have already been collaborating with BMW on driverless cars. The acquisition shows Intel’s plans for the automotive sector, particularly autonomous vehicles. Intel has already penetrated into the automotive cyber security through the acquisition of McAfee in 2011.
Why this report is unique, and a must read for the automotive cyber security and automotive industry as a whole?
Global Automotive Cyber Security Market out to 2027 is a valuable resource necessary for examining the global automotive cyber security market. We have employed a very sophisticated and robust approach to assessing the automotive market by taking into account various demand and supply dynamics as well as technological developments. The report covers the following key aspects:
- How will the automotive cyber security market perform over the next ten years?
- What will be the major factors driving the automotive cyber security market and how they will impact the industry?
- How will the increasing use of communications and safety technology benefit the automotive cyber security industry?
- Detailed analysis of the current status of automotive cyber security and technology developers.
- What will be the major drivers for each type of security and vehicle type and what will be their implications?
- Ten-year projections for ADAS markets and sensor shipments.
- The current and future demand dynamics for vehicles with different levels of automation.
- Detailed discussion on competitive landscapes and product offerings.
- Analysis of the present and future performance of matured and developing markets.
- Detailed analysis and forecasts of major markets in terms of supplying cyber security solutions.
Why should you read this report?
Global Automotive Cyber Security Market out to 2027 provides you with the following in-depth analysis:
- The automotive cyber security market is analysed by security segments and by vehicle type.
- Discussion on the main drivers and restraints of the market and major geography.
- The full coverage of automotive cyber security market in terms of sales value.
- Coverage of the main countries which are providing cyber security solutions.
- Market projections for ADAS market, sensor shipments and vehicle sales by the level of automation.
- 45 tables, figures and charts
- All supportive data provided in Excel
Who should buy this report?
- Conventional car manufacturers
- Electric vehicle manufacturers
- Hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles manufacturers
- Component manufacturers
- Suppliers of materials to automotive
- Automotive technology vendors
- Software and cyber security companies
- Mobile network operators
- Smartphone manufacturers
- Mobility service providers
- Utility companies
- Financial institutions
- Industry consultants, researchers and analysts
- Government bodies.