Folding carton is the second largest packaging type in the paper and paperboard packaging market. However, the demand growth has remained insipid recently as a result of fierce competition from rigid plastic packaging, microflute and flexible packaging.
The under-performing tobacco industry and campaigns against sugary products are also proving some major drags on the demand growth, particularly, in the European folding carton industry. Notwithstanding, Commodity Inside also identified some opportunities and growth pockets which will underpin demand for folding carton over the next five years.
Global Folding Carton Market Outlook to 2021 also examined the implications of invoking Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty on the UK and the global folding carton markets. The shocks are assessed by taking into account various variables in a three-dimensional scenario by using time required for negotiations, impact intensity and impact span.
Why this report is unique and what key issues it addresses?
- How will the folding carton perform over the next five years?
- How folding carton is defending its market position against competitors?
- What major trends, challenges and developments will emerge over the five years?
- Which end-use sectors will be driving demand for folding carton and what will be the major driving forces in each sector?
- Which regions/countries are the high growth markets and what they will be offering to domestic and multinationals?
- What will be the future performance of the folding carton industry in the matured and developing countries?
- What can we learn from the trade flow of folding carton?
- What will be the implications of Brexit (invoking Article 50) on the folding carton industry?
- Current and future strategies of folding carton producers.
How the scope of the report is structured?
- Historical assessments and five-year forecasts for the global folding carton market in volume and value terms
- Detailed analysis and forecast of the folding carton market by regions and 20 nationals markets
- Analysis of 15 end-use sectors: Beverage, Cereals, Chilled food, Confectionery, Dairy food, Dried food, Fresh food, Frozen food, Other food, Healthcare, Homecare, Personal care, Tobacco, White goods & consumer electronics and Other non-food
- 188 tables and charts
- Detailed profiles of 7 leading folding carton companies and a list of other major carton folding companies
- Global trade flows of folding carton by 151 countries
- Analysis of the market from very robust and detailed perspectives, which used both top-to-bottom and bottom-to-top approaches for assessing the market and its dynamics.
- The report is presented in an easily digestible manner in a PowerPoint format, while all supportive data are provided in Excel
Who should buy this report?
- Folding carton producers
- Folding carton buyers
- Packaging companies
- Suppliers of raw materials such as pulp, paperboard, cartonboard etc
- Suppliers of packaging equipment and machinery
- Major retailers
- Brand owners
- Financial institutions
- Government bodies