Steel production capacity in North America by country (Canada, Mexico and the US) and by equipment (BF, EAF, BOF, crude steel, flats, longs and coated steel)
- Due to better economic prospects and support from the Mexican government, in September 2017, ArcelorMittal announced a $1 billion three-year investment programme, which includes the construction of a new hot strip mill with a capacity to produce 2.5 Mt/year of flat-rolled steel. The new plant is due to be completed by the end of 2020. Around 80% of the new plant’s production will be oriented to the Mexican market.
- Canada steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Mexico steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- The US steel production capacity by plant and equipment
Capacity by country, by plant and by equipment
Ironmaking and steelmaking capacity in North America
- Blast furnace
- Total liquid Steel
Semi-finished (crude steel) steel production capacity in North America
- Total semi-finished steel
Long steel production capacity in North America
- Wire rod
- Merchant bar
- Total long products
Flats steel production capacity in North America
- Hot-rolled Coil
- Cold-rolled Coil
- Total flat products
Coated steel production capacity in North America
- Electro galvanised/Hot-dip galvanised
- Colour Coating
- Total coated products
Why should you consult this product?
- The full coverage of the North American steelmaking capacity by plant and by equipment types
- Covering 239 plants
- Detailed capacity segmentation by around 20 equipment by plant
- Information about the future planned capacity
- Covering around 88 companies by ownership
- All data is available in excel and ready for customised analysis
Who should buy this product?
- Steel producers
- Steel service centre, distributors and traders
- Suppliers of raw materials such as iron ore, metallurgical coal, scrap and, ferroalloys
- End users of flat steel such as automotive, construction and packaging
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Financial institutions
- Government bodies
Why our analyses are robust and authoritative?
- We constantly consult key stakeholders in the industry and incorporate their views into our analysis.
- We are completely independent and represent our own views.
|Publication date||January 2020|
|Report format||Excel Dashboard|
|Single user licence||£1,495 (1 user)|
|Departmental licence||£2,595 (2-5 users)|
For more about please contact us at: