Steel production capacity in North East Asia by country (Japan, South Korea and Taiwan) and by equipment
- JFE Steel produces flat steel, long steel, plates and slabs. JFE has three plate mills in Japan: East Japan works (Keihin), west Japan works (Kurashiki) and west Japan works (Fukuyama). JFE’s total plate capacity is 5.57 Mt/year, while its HRC capacity is 21.8 Mt/year and CRC capacity is 11.048 Mt/year. In 2016, JFE Steel signed an agreement with the Brazilian Gerdau to produce heavy plates at a 1.1 Mt/year plant in Minas Gerais, Southern Brazil. The deal aims to optimize the learning curve for the initial operation of the mill this year.
- Japan steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- South Korea steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Taiwan steel production capacity by plant and equipment
Capacity by countries, by plants and by equipment
Ironmaking and steelmaking capacity in North East Asia
- Blast furnace
- Total liquid Steel
Semi-finished (crude steel) steel production capacity in North East Asia
- Total semi-finished steel
Long steel production capacity in North East Asia
- Wire rod
- Merchant bar
- Total long products
Flats steel production capacity in North East Asia
- Hot-rolled Coil
- Cold-rolled Coil
- Total flat products
Coated steel production capacity in North East Asia
- Electro galvanised/Hot-dip galvanised
- Colour Coating
- Total coated products
Why should you consult this product?
- Full coverage of North East Asia steelmaking capacity by plant and by equipment types
- Covering 255 plants
- Detailed capacity segmentation by around 20 equipment by plant
- Information about the future planned capacity
- All data is available in excel and ready for customised analysis
Who should buy this product?
- Steel producers
- Steel service centre, distributors and traders
- Suppliers of raw materials such as iron ore, metallurgical coal, scrap and, ferroalloys
- End users of flat steel such as automotive, construction and packaging
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Financial institutions
- Government bodies
Why our analyses are robust and authoritative?
- We constantly consult key stakeholders in the industry and incorporate their views into our analysis.
- We are completely independent and represent our own views.
|Publication date||January 2020|
|Report format||Excel Dashboard|
|Single user licence||£1,295 (1 user)|
|Departmental licence||£2,295 (2-5 users)|
|Global licence||£3,795 (6 and over users)|
For sample pages or to learn more about this report please contact us with your details at: