Cement and Concrete Market Size and Outlook Report by Type of Cement and Concrete, by Applications, by Capacity, by Production, and by demand (2018-2028)
The global construction industry is showing substantial growth which has been driving demand for cement and concrete. One of the key drivers behind the growth is urbanisation, particularly in emerging markets. Meanwhile, rising per capita income is also underpinning demand for cement and concrete in the residential construction sector.
On the other hand, to provide better public services in transport, healthcare, energy etc, government spending is also on the rise, boosting demand for cement and concrete in the infrastructure sector. We assess that major demand for cement and concrete is attributed to the infrastructure sector which is on the rise across the globe.
However, limited space in major cities and urban areas is driving the trend towards high rise buildings, which is also embraced by even in the developing markets. High rise buildings tend to become less concrete intensive, which will be a downside risk for cement and concrete going forward. In developed markets, we ascertain that there is a negative correlation between high rise buildings and cement and concrete demand. Most of these high rise buildings will increase the usage of more expensive materials such as glass in facades and steel beams in structures. However, in developing markets, multiple storey buildings will continue to use traditional materials such as cement, marble etc. However, there is a growing trend for skyscrapers in some parts of developing Asia and Central and South America. Indeed the building core will be cement and concrete intensive, though most of the outer and parts are likely to use alternative materials for various reasons such as aesthetics and lightweight.
Moreover, the environmental costs and labour shortages, particularly in developed markets, will remain a serious issue in the industry. Brexit, NAFTA renegotiations and the US strict policy on immigration will also play a key role in impacting demand and supply of cement and concrete in these markets. On the other hand OBOR, Saudi Vision 2030 and $1 trillion US infrastructure plan would be some of the key mega projects underpinning demand for cement and concrete. Commodity Inside expects that a substantial amount of new cement supply will be added in emerging and developing markets to satisfy the growing demand.
Why this report is unique, and a must-read for the cement and concrete market?
The Global Cement and Concrete Market Outlook to 2028 is a key to understand the current trends and developments and the future direction of the global cement and concrete market. We have used both quantitative and qualitative research approaches and taken into account various demand and supply dynamics to assess the global cement and concrete market. This content-rich report covers the following key aspects:
- How will the demand and supply evolve in the global cement and concrete market over the next ten years?
- How will the cement and concrete market perform in different regions?
- What are the key market strategies of key producers?
- What will be the major trends and developments in the global cement and concrete market and how they will impact the industry?
- What are the key end users of cement and concrete market and how they will evolve over the next ten years?
- What will be the main threats and opportunities in the global cement and concrete market?
- What will be the major drivers and restraints in the global cement and concrete market?
- Is cement losing its market share to alternative materials?
- Cement and concrete import and exports
- Skyscrapers and the usage of cement
- Planned skyscraper around the world
Why should you read this report?
- Demand, supply and capacity analysis of the cement and concrete market by leading markets
- Market assessment in volume and value terms
- Market assessment by end users such as residential, commercial and infrastructure
- Detailed discussions on megatrends
- Tables, figures and charts
- This is a content-rich report with all supportive data is provided in Excel
Who should buy this report?
- Cement and concrete producers
- Cement and concrete consumers
- Construction companies
- Building contractors
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Government bodies
- Industry consultants, researchers and analysts