SThe Middle East Medium, Heavy and Jumbo Rolled Beams Market Outlook Report by Type of sections, by Applications, by Capacity, by Production, and by demand (2018-2028)
The Middle Eastern economies are highly depended on oil revenue. However, for years oil prices have remained subdued which resulted in cuts in both oil production and revenue across the region. With oil prices remained at lower levels, diversification remained at the top of the agenda across the region. There is currently billions worth of projects in the pipeline to develop the required construction and infrastructure necessary to support the manufacturing and services industries and attract foreign investment.
Medium and heavy sections are expected to continue to be used in warehouses and industrial buildings where the use of large beams enables large areas of unsupported roof space. Commodity Inside found that one key emerging area for the steel beams is the developing of rails infrastructure including infrastructure for metro lines and stations.
The construction sector is the main driver for jumbo steel beams, which are used mainly in major construction projects, particularly high-rise buildings and heavy civil engineering works. Our survey shows that in the Middle East such projects are often financed by states.
Compared to developed markets, demand for jumbo steel sections in the Middle East is comparatively low. Commodity Inside expects that demand in this high-value market set to rise in the long term on the back of high-rise construction and infrastructure projects.
High rise building requires extremely large high-quality heavy sections which can be used in building parts such as piling systems and superstructure. Architects such as Atkins, Skidmore Owings & Merrill (SOM) Kohn Pedersen Fox etc. have all established their presence in the Middle East.
The report provides the reader with a detailed analysis and forecast of the rolled steel beams industry, about the market size, country analysis, rolled steel beams in key end users. It also provides insight into major trends and developments with impact assessment. It profiles key players with analysis of their strengths and strategies.
The report analyses how steel beams are specified and used in the construction industry as well as describe the competitive dynamics in comparison with concrete, rebar and fabricated sections. The primary focus is on high-rise buildings though it also goes into details of end users such as industrial buildings, process plant, power plants, bridges etc.
Key questions the report answered:
- How is the rolled steel beam market evolving by country in the Middle East?
- What will the market size be in 2018, and at what rate will it grow in the next ten years?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing the market growth?
- What opportunities will the market face going forward?
- Who are the key producers of rolled beams, what are their rankings and what are their strategies?
- What role imported rolled beams play in the market?
- What influences the specification of steel in construction projects?
- What are the criteria to use heavy structural steel beams in high-rise buildings?
- What are key challenges for using rolled heavy structural steel?
- What are the factors which can restrain rolled steel beams as the building material of choice?
- What key challenges the alternative materials present against rolled beams and what are the solutions?
- How can the building regulations in the region be changed in favour of wider adoption of rolled steel beams?
- How are the steel selected in building and construction against competitive materials, for instance, prices, availability, height, properties etc?