The green hydrogen industry has been witnessing a surge in projects across all major markets. Several countries in Latin America and Africa also signed several memoranda of understandings, promising to explore opportunities for green hydrogen production. These projects can certainly help the market gaining momentum and accelerating the scaling of electrolysis capacity.
Indeed, Central and South America and similar regions where renewables are in abundance will likely see a bonanza of project announcements in the coming days. To be successful, these projects have to be competitive and must have a strong connection within the value chain. Production technology, storage, high production costs and hydrogen shipments to the end-users are some hurdles the industry have to overcome. State fundings and subsidies are crucial for the success of green hydrogen projects.
In February, one of the noteworthy announcements was in Brazil, where an Australian start-up company, Enegix Energy, signed a memorandum of understanding with the local Ceará state government. It would be excellent for the green hydrogen market to see an investment of US$ 5.4 billion, an unprecedented single project investment in the green hydrogen market. However, it is unknown how the funds can be sourced to finance such an ambitious project.
To help our clients make informed decisions and to make sure that noises are differentiated from signals, Commodity Inside has maintained a dedicated hydrogen market intelligence platform.
Hydrogen Economy Platform
- Reporting dozens of daily hydrogen developments
- Global hydrogen electrolysis project database
- Global hydrogen refuelling stations database
- Global fuel cell vehicles sales data (upcoming)
- Macroeconomic indicators (historic & forecasts)
- Wind energy demand and capacity (historic & forecasts)
- Solar energy demand and capacity (historic & forecasts)
- Other renewable power sources (upcoming)
- Additional resources