Steel Slab Market Outlook
A Five Year Strategic Outlook for the Global Merchant Slab Market is one of our Steel Team’s flagship subscription products.
This quarterly published report covers the demand and supply of merchant slab by country and company. It also includes merchant slab price assessments and forecasts. In addition, it also includes demand and supply of flat steel by type, slab capacity by plants, crude steel production forecasts etc.
Our definition of merchant slab is that it traded without any intra-companies transfers or off-take agreements irrespective of traded inside/outside the same country. We have made reasonable assumptions to estimate the volumes for various stakeholders involved in the slab trade, to ascertain the most plausible numbers for the merchant slab forecasts.
We have made our best efforts to research all the off-take agreements and intra-company transfers. While the merchant supply side is concentrated in four major countries, the demand market is widely dispersed. The over 21 million tonnes merchant slab market is expected to see some small ups and downs in the coming years which would likely to impact slab prices.
The report is based on an annual subscription and consists of:
- Monthly slab market updates
- Three quarterly updates
- One major report (with a hard copy)
We would be happy to take you through the report and show you our live models which feed to the slab report. This also reflects the confidence we have on our product that we are presenting in such a transparent way. It is also a fantastic opportunity to better know the product before buying and to become aware of the cutting edge techniques we are using in our analysis.
Do you need answers to the following questions?
- How will the total global slab market evolve over the next five years and how each region and country will play their roles?
- Where are the major merchant slab producers based and how will they perform over the next five years?
- What is the current status of the merchant slab trade and how it will develop over the forecast period?
- Would merchant slab market remain in surplus or deficit over the coming years?
- How would the major consumers of merchant slab devise their strategies to circumvent costs and trading issues?
- What would be the implications of slab price changes on buyers and suppliers?
- Where are the slab prices heading in the context of changes in raw materials prices and hot-rolled flats prices?
- What major trends and developments will emerge in the merchant slab market over the next five years?
- What are the major emerging risks for the merchant slab market in both supplying and consuming regions?
Why do you need to subscribe to the merchant slab report?
- Analysis and forecasts are based on the whole supply chain and downstream industries
- Full coverage of the slab market in both volume and value terms
- Updates on the main contracts in the merchant slab market
- Slab production capacity by plant
- Future slab capacity by plant
- Information about merchant slab demand and supply by company level
- Price discovery and forecast of merchant slab
- Detailed trade flow of merchant slab by major national markets
- Detailed profiles of major buyers and suppliers of merchant slab
- Demand and supply projections of the total slab and flat steel by country
- Output projections of crude steel by country
Who should buy this report?
- Slab producers
- Flat steel producers
- Flat steel service centre, distributors and traders
- Suppliers of raw materials such as iron ore, metallurgical coal, scrap and, ferroalloys
- End users of flat steel such as automotive, construction and packaging
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Financial institutions
- Government bodies
Why our analyses are robust and authoritative?
- Unlike other steel consulting and research companies, our forecasts are not depending on historical trends or mere conjectures. We put a lot of thoughts and knowledge into our forecasts which rest on cornerstones of downstream industries.
- Our in-depth understanding of automotive, packaging and construction industries makes our analysis robust and differentiates us from others.
- We are completely independent and represent our views.
- We constantly consult industry experts and incorporate their opinions into our analysis.
- We employ both quantitative and qualitative methods to derive robust analysis.
- All our forecast data are supported by our proprietary econometric and excel based models.