Steel production capacity in the CIS by country (Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine and Uzbekistan) and by equipment
- Evraz signed a contract, worth RUB 4.5 billion (USD 71.6 million) of “technical modernisation” at its ZSMK plant, with the Italian industrial equipment supplier Danieli. The aim is to upgrade the 2.4 Mt/year slab caster into a billet-casting machine, with the same capacity and is scheduled to be completed in 2018.
- In 2017, MMK started to modernise its No. 6 continuous slab caster and the heavy-plate mill and to upgrade both plants’ electrical and automation systems. After this upgrade, the maximum thickness of its slabs will increase from 300 millimetres to 350 millimetres.
- Metinvest has started the reconstruction of its 1700 hot strip mill (HSM), in an investment of USD 85.5 million. The construction is expected to BE completed in 2020.
- Azerbaijan steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Belarus steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Georgia steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Kazakhstan steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Moldova steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Russia steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Ukraine steel production capacity by plant and equipment
- Uzbekistan steel production capacity by plant and equipment
Capacity by countries, by plants and by equipment
Ironmaking and steelmaking capacity in the CIS
- Blast furnace
- Total liquid Steel
Semi-finished (crude steel) steel production capacity in the CIS
- Total semi-finished steel
Long steel production capacity in the CIS
- Wire rod
- Merchant bar
- Total long products
Flats steel production capacity in the CIS
- Hot-rolled Coil
- Cold-rolled Coil
- Total flat products
Coated steel production capacity in the CIS
- Electro galvanised/Hot-dip galvanised
- Colour Coating
- Total coated products
Why should you consult this product?
- Full coverage of the CIS steelmaking capacity by plant and by equipment types
- Covering 83 plants
- Detailed capacity segmentation by around 20 equipment by plant
- Information about the future planned capacity
- All data is available in excel and ready for customised analysis
Who should buy this product?
- Steel producers
- Steel service centre, distributors and traders
- Suppliers of raw materials such as iron ore, metallurgical coal, scrap and, ferroalloys
- End users of flat steel such as automotive, construction and packaging
- Suppliers of equipment and machinery
- Financial institutions
- Government bodies
Why our analyses are robust and authoritative?
- We constantly consult key stakeholders in the industry and incorporate their views in our analysis.
- We are completely independent and represent our own views.
|Publication date||June 2018|
|Report format||Excel Dashboard|
|Single user licence||£550 (1 user)|
|Departmental licence||£995 (2-5 users)|
|Global licence||£1,495 (6 and over users)|